Opportunities to modernize infrastructure service delivery are greater than ever before with the advent of cloud, automation, multi-sourcing, and other new service delivery models. IT must deliver infrastructure services that are high performing, scalable, on-demand, and cost efficient, but these capabilities are often impeded by technical debt, legacy systems, and a portfolio of data centers. Merger and acquisition events complicate these challenges further.
Navigating the IT infrastructure managed services landscape
Wavestone helps IT leaders move through an infrastructure modernization journey including physical consolidation, virtualization and converged architecture, standardization, automation, and ultimately a wide adoption of cloud services. We help clients achieve operational excellence, agility, and significant cost savings by modernizing the infrastructure environment and optimizing the run environment.
You need better, smarter, and more strategic infrastructure to meet your business requirements.
Operating Model Optimization
All our engagements begin with a 360° assessment of your service process and organization. It will enable us to identify where change can be most impactful and determine how to effectively utilize infrastructure to achieve the performance and efficiency you need to drive value for the business.
The most efficient IT operating model is one that is business outcome-aligned and focused on end-to-end service delivery. It should address the three biggest constraints facing businesses today: speed, cost, and time.
Our Operating Model Optimization methodology comprises four key elements.
Process & Organization Assessment
- Review organization roles/responsibilities
- Assess current state of in scope processes including definition, documentation, ownership,
tools, workload, metrics, controls and maturity
- Determine requirements and gaps
- Identify opportunities
- Estimate cost savings
- Collaboratively design future state processes to meet organizational service objectives leveraging standardized best practices
- Recommend automation tools
- Develop service delivery RACI
- Define service improvement and productivity targets
- Refine savings estimates
- Develop governance structure
- Develop implementation plan to release or transition service processes into production
- Detail recommendation into an integrated road map factoring in organizational and technical constraints
- Provide program management and change leadership while phasing in new structures, processes, and automation
- Procure and implement automation
- Transfer process management to owners and IT governance for control
- Measure impact and validate savings attainment
John is an award-winning technology executive with over 30 years’ experience in M&A, organizational design, and IT leadership.
Read More He specializes in leading technology transformations and large-scale programs, and is known for his ability to combine an analytical approach with organizational awareness to identify opportunities, develop strategies, and lead across all levels to achieve results. Before joining Wavestone, John held many senior executive roles including CTO and CIO at Towers Watson, CIO of Rosenbluth International, and VP of Corporate Systems at MetLife. He holds a BS from Rutgers University with Magna cum Laude honors and an AA in Accounting from Brandywine College with Summa cum Laude honors.
- John is an award-winning technology executive with over 30 years’ experience in M&A, organizational design, and IT leadership.
Contact Us To Learn More